• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a reason to shine, lilliana
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    A snort is drawn from his nostrils when she says he was stolen and his wings spread wide in an instinctual threat display. He would not be taken from his brood during their most formative years, leaving Clarissa to raise them on her own. They are small and soft, vulnerable without their father to keep them safe from the rest of the world. Ghaul had been fortunate to be taken under the wing of a shadow queen like Anaxarete, and he worries they would not be so fortunate.

And then she asks to leave, a plea that causes him to snarl softly as he considers her words. It feels like a ploy to simply shrug off her sentence or to enslave him once more. His talons anxiously paw at the red clay beneath him as he circles her closely. Others had called him a monster and spit at him, cursed him for living out his divine purpose. The rage building in his muscles makes his jaws ache to take her by the throat like the coral deer of Pangea.

He pauses beside her when she gives an alternative. His teeth are inches from her face, hot breath spilling over her skin.

I will go north, and you will remain here. If there is truly a monster, then you are safer in Pangea than in your homeland,” he decides, retreating from her side as he turns toward the north. “If this is some trick, I will feed your offspring to my brood while you watch.

And with a flap of his wings, he takes off. It doesn’t take long at all for him to become a dot on the horizon, and then he is gone entirely.
    @[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-04-2020, 08:33 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by lilliana - 05-05-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-06-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by lilliana - 05-08-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason to shine, lilliana - by ghaul - 05-10-2020, 11:47 PM