• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  who could ever leave me darling, but who could stay; illum

all i want is to flip a switch
    before something breaks that cannot be fixed

She is a symphony of sound beneath him, a song that winds its way beneath his skin, cracking open all his ribs until that cage around his heart is hanging unsteadily open for her. He has never known anyone like this in his whole life, never known this strange and gentle kindness before, this light in her like a lantern in his everdark. In his perpetual night. There is something in her willingness that makes him feel less like a beast, something that guides him closer to the man he would’ve liked to be if he was ever given the choice.

Her beauty is ethereal as she turns to find him, a thousand different shades of prismatic white, of shining gold on the edges of the wings held aloft at her sides - and that damn halo hanging above her ears that even now draws a quiet smile to his dark lips. She is so impossible, like a desperate wish or a daydream. Surreal in the way she lifts those dark eyes to him, touches her lips to his jaw like she isn’t mad at him.

He doesn’t understand that, cannot possibly fathom that maybe she isn’t filled to the brim with regret for letting him touch her, have her. So much so that for a second he cannot unravel the meaning of the words she whispers against the marble of his dark and white skin. “What?” He asks, voice rough and haggard, frozen for a moment before he finally leans into her, submitting to his angel. “You want to stay?”

She is transforming him the longer she stays, thawing all those frozen pieces inside his chest, thawing a long forgotten muscle in his mouth until it is soft with the hint of a smile. He reaches out to pull her closer, tucking her in against his chest and reaching over her to hold her treacherously close, press a kiss to her shoulder - though that leads to more kisses traced like remembered constellations up the curve of her neck. “Angel, you can stay here with me as long as you like.”

Illum

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who could ever leave me darling, but who could stay; illum - by Illum - 07-20-2020, 06:07 PM