• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I hear you, stranger. [LARVA]

you are a craving I can never satisfy

She is a yellow flower amongst a war of white and grey, the winds so strong and powerful even her stout form struggles for footing. When normally light would still linger with the sun peaking above the meadow’s treeline, she is blanketed by an army of white clouds and bullets of ice shooting from the sky.

But a sturdy flower she is.

Despite the horrid weather, Ruthless is lost in her mind. The regret of leaving the Taiga without so much as a warning bearing down on her like a daunting eagle on a mouse. The worry of Lilliana and her whereabouts echoing in her brain with the voice of Brine. The voice of another lost relative.

By choice.

By the time our golden mare comes to, she is engulfed by a shelter of trees with naked limbs. Only the light whistle of wind at the tips of the trees proof of her previous endeavor, the rest of the forest so quiet she swears the scurry of a mouse would sound as an alarm.

It isn’t until she finds herself amongst familiar pine trees, a place where she had come often to think, that she comes to a sworn halt. As if the place itself demands her attention, begs her to take a moment to analyse what’s going on.

Kalil is gone.

Lilliana is gone.

Why do I fucking smell Wolfbane everywhere.

Her brain is constantly struggling to find a balance between anger and pain, desperate to feel just one way. Pleading for things to just turn easy. Things aren’t easy anymore. It’s just how it is.

Kalil is gone.

Lilliana is gone.

Wolfbane is everywhere.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

She returns her attention to the dead forest, watching a bird land atop a branch a few feet above her. The soft call sings and almost covers the oncoming footsteps that alarm in front of her, hidden by distance and forest limb foliage. But she hears them in all their mystery, and for once she doesn’t cower or cringe.

She simply stands, awaiting the stranger.

Ruthless

@[Larva]

Messages In This Thread
    I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Ruthless - 05-07-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Larva - 05-27-2020, 11:36 AM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Ruthless - 05-28-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:25 PM