• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I hear you, stranger. [LARVA]
    i will be brutal
    In his youth, he was often inspired to protect the weak from tyranny and monsters like himself. Strange bouts of kindness stained his heart and rallied him into action. But each day that gentleness grew rarer and his outlook darkened. Now, he is content to look out for himself and only himself. His love for others has withered and died as he learned that everyone he cares for leaves in some way or another.

This is why he simply laughs when she chastises him for leaving the group that day. He does, however, offer her a casual roll of his shoulders. “I would prefer not to die again if I can help it,” he explains with a sharpened smile.

He’s pleased when she tells him he is correct in remembering her name. But her comment makes him tilt his head and that grin fades into a thoughtful stare.

You are still very young. This world has not chiseled away at the core of you. You are quite fortunate, in that regard.

He does not elaborate on what he means or how life may gnaw one down to their raw, feral heart. Larva has seen the depths to which he will allow himself to plummet and clawed his way up from them time and time again. There is no doubt in his mind that there will come day he hits rock bottom once more.

What did you learn that day in the field, Ruthless?
    @[Ruthless]

Messages In This Thread
    I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Ruthless - 05-07-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Larva - 05-27-2020, 11:36 AM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Ruthless - 05-28-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: I hear you, stranger. [LARVA] - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:25 PM