• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine
    [quote="ghaul" pid='104303' dateline='1589173660']
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    He watches the outlines of Celina as she draws near, coming into focus a little more with each step. Ghaul sniffs lightly at the air and he is curious about her scent. She smells like scales but not like his. There is no smoke or fire to her, either. His head slowly tilts as he examines the length of her jaw and the little teeth peeking out between them.

Without invitation, he closes the distance between them and extends his neck so that his lips trace the contours of her face. There is no concept of beauty for him but rather the mundane and the strange. Celina might have fallen into the mundane category in another life, one where others could find her pretty and easy to look at. But in this one she is unusual – something he likes. So while she does not fan the flames of his heart, she does seem like an excellent hunting partner.

Before he can answer her question, though, he spots another blooming spot of warmth coming closer. This one smells of neither smoke nor scales, but he remains interested in their body language. Perhaps they have the answers he seeks? Amarine offers only callous words instead and he finds himself disappointed.

Perhaps you can hunt your own monsters, then. You’ve done an excellent job so far,” he replies with a rasping laugh. His voice lacks any genuine malice to it, but his strange humor could easily be taken as such. His smile after is sincere when he regards her. “I am Ghaul, king of Pangea. I come at the request of your Lilliana to track whatever is hunting your people.

Here, he turns his head to the scent of that blood long cooled in the snow. The grin across his scarred lips grows wider as his crooked teeth show. Ghaul hopes it is something worthy of his time, something that will fight back and reward him with more scars.

But if I darken your doorway, I will return to my home and tell her I was not welcome here.
    @[Celina] @[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-13-2020, 01:55 PM