• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    Her visit to Taiga had clarified one thing - where Lilli had gone off to this time. However, the chestnut was still stolen and Neverwhere still nowhere to be seen in the rocky seaside kingdom. Wen had looked for Brazen, but come to the conclusion that the mare was just not that much of a diplomat, though she could surprise at times.

The situation was worrisome to say the least, but at least she had hope that one of them would return safe and sound. How odd then, to find Ghaul on her doorstep and not Neverwhere - and with a little crowd, too. One of them had come from the south - though in Nerine, most anything is south. The scaled mare wasn’t any different from the one time they met in Taiga, with Reia - she couldn’t recall her name, but she seemed mostly indifferent, if not fascinated by the ruckus; though perhaps Ghaul intrigued her, and that was the explanation right now. She probably wouldn’t be the first, Wen would think - at the very least she hasn’t come to meet the call just to be iffy about another woman’s taste. She gives her a nod in greeting, but otherwise doesn’t think she is here to talk to any of Nerine’s diplomats in the moment.

Amarine puts on a bold face and bolder words, but the dotted mare had learned by now that it wouldn’t phase the dragon-horse. As she closes in on the group, she chooses her position carefully close to the gemstone girl, brushing by her side shortly as a way of affection and greeting, and a little warning to perhaps leave most of the talking, swallow whatever words would come next. The girl is of her own as much as her twins - even more so now that two of her mothers are missing - but that doesn’t mean that her current brash behaviour was very much appreciated for the situation.

”Ghaul, how nice of you to offer.” she starts, knowing full well that he probably has more than just a weakness of heart to come chase a monster out of Nerine - a monster she personally never had a chance to meet. ”And congratulations, as well, I hear.” she adds, having picked up on the word king, no longer being heir. He didn’t like her last time, as much as she had displayed her dislike of him - or maybe just his careless burning of the forest. It was a small fire in comparison to the Isle, sure - that didn’t mean she’d had to like it though. She smiles ruefully, remembering the wish he’d expressed to eat her slowly at the time. She wonders briefly if he holds a grudge, but she’ll soon find out from his response.

Brutal and forceful he may be however, she has no reason not to believe him. He was never much of a liar, and he reasonably would have spoken with Lilliana since her being stolen. ”I’m afraid Neverwhere’s ears are not around to greet you this time. If there is a monster out here like Lilli says, it’s perhaps most likely that when you find one, there might be the other.” she reasons,
    though her tone is questioning enough at the end for him to know she can’t be certain on this idea.

There is still much she’d like to know about the situation but she doesn’t think the scaled man is much of a talker or diplomat in that regard. Some questions can wait a year, for a certain chestnut mare to return, if he is not in the mood right now. As long as he doesn’t set fire to her home again, he can visit, as far as she is concerned.

@[Celina]@[Amarine]@[Ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-13-2020, 01:55 PM