• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine
    “I did not invite you into my head, little shiny.” Celina tells the bejeweled filly who pursues her. The mare’s voice is disgusted, but Amarine is likely to find fear strongest of her emotions. She has stopped moving backward at the accusation, and her wings remain flared as she lowers her head with ears pinned back. Ghaul repeats the accusation as a question, and the mare’s pale eyes turn to him. Beneath the snow, she hears what she knows are talons digging into the earth, and she can taste the tension in the air. It feels like a hunt, like he might launch himself at her any moment, forgetting his hunt for her father entirely.

Amarine will be disgusted again as Celina slowly licks her longest tooth, but perhaps this can be her lesson in how quickly emotions shift in those who allowed themselves to be governed by base instinct. Amarine with her dirty magic is a threat, but she is also small, and Celina is sure that she can dispatch her quickly. The ban on harming the Nerinians has surely been lifted by her father’s assault on their Queen. If he can attack them openly, surely he will not begrudge Celina the necessity of eliminating any that are threats?

Get rid of the filly, and lure the stallion away so he might forget the hunt he is currently on.

Her plan of action seems clear enough, and she even lifts one dark hoof to move that last step she needs to reach Amarine when the words of the spotted mare remind Celina that the three of them are not alone.  ‘What aren’t you telling us?’ the woman asks, breaking Celina’s focus for the second time. She growls, low in her throat, irritated at being reminded that the child has a parent (or at least an adult) to defend her. Celina had been certain of her chances against a child, but who knows what the spotted mare is hiding beneath her colorful skin. She might have the same sort of filthy ability that the girl has, the kind that she has warned Nashua of.

“Many things,” she replies, knowing that there is no dishonesty in her words this time. Celina believes these things. “Your queen deserved what she got, and you will never catch the one who did it.” The last she ends while looking back at Ghaul, still slavering in her direction. His hunt is impossible, she seems to be saying. Will that anger him, she wonders? She hopes it, really – Celina would like to see what he is like when he is angry. Eager to rid herself the other two, the distractions, the winged mare says dismissively: “You should have listened when you were warned before. Then you might have been prepared for him when he came.” That last is untrue – there is no preparing for a monster – but Celina hopes they will become busy blaming themselves and leave her to her other pursuits.

She needs to find her father, and if she gets to test herself against the sharp toothed dragon before she does so, all the better.

@[Ghaul]

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 08:42 PM