• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  waking up to ash and dust
    When he opens his eyes, the white filly is closer than she had been. He is sure of this, but he narrows his eyes only slightly. At least she is smiling now, and seems nicer. Larrikin remains dubious, even considers turning himself to dust and drifting away.

But he does not, and knows that he cannot as soon as he hears Mazikeen say his chosen nickname aloud.

“Oh nevermind, nevermind,” he says, shaking his head as if that might make it easier to forget the silly way it sounded. “Don’t call me that. I’m Larry but I thought Rick would be cool. I want to a have a cool name, like Malone or Carnage or Never Again Will You Whisper.” These are all wonderful names of equal value to Larrikin, despite the incongruous nature of them. His mother had told him the last one, and Larrikin had decided that would be his spy name, whenever he grew up and became a spy. It sounds dark, eerie. Perfect. Inspired, he returns to his former shade of Vanta Black, though he keeps the purple glow of his constellations along his spine and sides.

The costume change, the reminder of his secret name, and Mazikeen’s question are the perfect set up to his next claim:

“I have come to the forest to conquer. I will set fire to the trees and take all residents as slaves and do many other, very bad things.” Having added red eyes about halfway through speaking, Larry does his best to look menacing as he begins to stomp around the woods in a threatening manner.

Messages In This Thread
    waking up to ash and dust - by Larrikin - 05-11-2020, 02:07 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - by Mazikeen - 05-14-2020, 07:53 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - by Larrikin - 05-14-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - by Mazikeen - 05-20-2020, 01:04 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - by Larrikin - 05-21-2020, 02:27 PM
    RE: waking up to ash and dust - by Mazikeen - 06-07-2020, 11:14 AM