• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  time for the father-daughter dance

A sunny smile breaks out on Beyza’s face when she sees Ryatah. Like her own mother, and like her tutor Anaxarete, Ryatah brings a sense of comfort and familiarity that floods through Beyza in the presence of someone she has known for her whole short life. She doesn’t think too much about how she feels such a connection to the older mare, why sometimes it feels as though she’s with one of her parents when Ry greets her with a kind touch.

The answer to Ryatah’s question comes easily. “I’ve been exploring again and wanted to see your home.” That calm breaks and the glow surrounding her brightens a little with her expression as a rush of youthful excitement overtakes her - proving that she is not quite yet as grown up as she sometimes thinks she is. “And I’ve been practicing with my magic! Would you like to see a trick?”

She takes a step back even before she has finished speaking, ready to make a demonstration - not really needing an answer to her question even in the slightest. Her white eyes close and she tilts her head as she stretches out with her mind to find some nearby birds to call over to swoop around them. She can hear the rustling of wings as a few sparrows flock towards them but she is distracted because, in addition to the birds, Beyza finds herself accidentally inside the mind of the gold-trimmed mare with her. It’s an intrusion and she instinctively tries to recoil, but not before she catches onto something.

Just a word, but Beyza’s magic tendrils follow the connotations of it until she hooks into the realization that Ryatah felt the day she and Caledonia were born.

Beyza’s heart begins to race in her chest and her eyes flash open in the same instant her magic snaps back into her body. Even the glow around her disappears entirely in her shock, so she stands there bare and unadorned as she looks up into black eyes.

“Ryatah…” She trails off, forgetting the sparrows who fly in confused circles before leaving the pair of white horses. “Are you…” But she cannot even begin to try to riddle out what this means, who her parents are, so she changes tactics as she begins to tremble just slightly. “Am I your daughter?”

Beyza

art by sandy--apples

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    time for the father-daughter dance - by Beyza - 05-13-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: time for the father-daughter dance - by Beyza - 06-09-2020, 05:20 PM
    RE: time for the father-daughter dance - by Beyza - 07-27-2020, 07:25 PM