• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    Sometimes she forgets that not everyone is to be treated like a twin at the first meeting, that she should introduce herself and not catch others by surprise. Her draconic eyes widen and her head snaps back in the colt's direction as he squeals and leaps sideways. But he recovers just as quickly as he had startled, and her fear she has chased him away disappears before it has time to sink in.

She laughs as he investigates her, snuffing his short baby-mane when it's in reach, and giving a sort into the crook of his neck. His scent confirms who she thought was true - it's certainly her uncle. But she decides she would much rather think of him as a cousin.

Laia is close behind and falls to fawning on the little colt and falling in love, and Loey thinks this evening couldn't get much better. She's already thinking of games they can play, and that they should probably help him get home safe once the moon comes out, when she senses the others.

The yearling turns around to see someone who very much looks the part of the uncle, and she can't help but gives an open-mouth smile as she looks up into his glowing face. But as beautiful as he is, her attention is quickly captured by his two children.

"A lizard!" She exclaims, no longer able to resist the growing energy of the group. Sticking her nose in the air, Locheed pulls her lips back and sticks her tongue out past her sharp teeth in her best impression of a lizard. She had never seen a dragon, but she had seen plenty of lizards, and she finds she like this comparison better than the one her father gave her.  But the little uncle-colt is rushing forward to banter with the asker of the questions and Locheed steps towards Aureus to avoid tiny, flying hooves.

A deer appears in the space between her and the boy, and a little gasp leaves her lips. Instinctively, she reaches out to touch it with her muzzle, and when that fails, her vision switches to heat signatures.

"It's magic," she says with reverence as she realizes the creature is more ghost than animal. Switching back to her regular vision, she looks around at the menagerie of soft creatures before turning back to the boy with the quiet eyes. "Are you doing that?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by Locheed - 05-22-2020, 03:40 PM