• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash
    and in my dreams...
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times

Raising these children proves to be exhausting. When I sleep, I spend most of my time caring for Iridian who missed me all day long and end up getting close to no actual rest, and when I am awake, Indius begs to go on adventures with me. And I wouldn't trade them for the world. Iri's fantastic dreams and sweet company bring me joy unlike any other and as I watch her strength grow, I find myself reassured that one day she will lay by our sides at night, too. Her more difficult questions bring sobriety but I always focus on the hopefulness of her situation instead of the sorrow. And Indius, well, that little one's energy and excitement knows no containment and often needs little of my input to be flying sky-high.

Thank the gods for Solace, though. How we ever managed triplets is beyond me!

As dawn splits overhead, I slip out of Tephra with a little extra pep to my step. Solace whispered to me this morning that she would take our son on an adventure of her own today and that Iri'd fallen asleep in her little dreamworld, fast and long until later tonight. Semi-well rested for once, I leapt at the opportunity she presented me with to go out and enjoy some alone time. With proper intimacy comes respect for one's need for space, and gods do I love my wife for offering me just that.

Ashen earth gives way to more durable footing as I travel and, soon enough, I find myself cantering with tail and head held high across the well-worn Beqannan routes which lead to the common lands. My thoughts silent themselves as I run, content to listen to the whistle of the wind in my ears and to the pounding of my hooves. The clear ring of my call reaches strangers who travel in the direction I came from and when I happen to receive an answer, a grin stretches my face.

It feels good to be unknown (or at least known but not worth approaching). The life of politics holds no candle to the privacy of living a life for my family alone.

All too soon, I pull up at a curve of the river above which birch trees tremble and shudder. The trees hosted by this portion of the river spread themselves out with a lazy but appreciable haphazardness, two or three bunched here, a wide clearing there. A pleasant burn fills my lungs as I tilt my scarred head up to gaze at the new buds forming on the branches of these alabaster trees; new life, I muse, smiling to remember the two new lives asleep with Solace. A merry shake of my head brings it back to my chest. My tired legs bring me to the river bank and, thirsty, I bring my hind legs to my forelegs and leap down into the river's valley with a couple extra steps to secure my landing. There, the river gurgles around my ankles and I lower my head to drink, the early afternoon sun sending my auburn coat agleam.

kagerus

Enjoying Middle-Age in Tephra | Lover of Solace | Immortal, Dreamweaving Fantasist

@[Oriash]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash - by Kagerus - 05-16-2020, 05:58 PM