• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    The nereid looks concerned – or perhaps furious, Ivar has never been the best at discerning the difference – but her voice is still soft. Perhaps she thinks she is being frightening, and perhaps if Ivar had a better sense of self preservation he would be frightened.

As it is, he allows her to act as though she knows his mares better than he does. They will not like intruders if Ivar does not wish them to like intruders, but perhaps Aquaria will need to see as much for herself. She snaps at him (that, at least, he can recognize as anger), but then Brennen is speaking and Ivar is forced to look at the unnatural creature. He does so from the corner of his eye, though he turns just the slightest bit as Brennen says he is willing to use his magic to search. That Ivar is willing to let him do so should say quite a bit, but then, Aquaria does not know his history with magic and with Brennen.

“No,” Ivar replies. This” is her island.” He lifts one hoof and places it back on the sand, and indicator that he means the main island of Ischia. “but Kelpie is my island.”

The shifter speaks up then, offering to display even more magic, and Ivar barely manages to hide the scoff that rises in his throat. He is quiet, even when Aodhan moves into the water, and turns back to face Aquaria with an unnatural slowness.

“If that shifter touches my island after I've told it not to, I will slit it throat to belly and feed my children on its entrails.” He tells her, his voice quiet and his face still. 

“I will let Brennen use his magic, and you may search my island. Without me, even, if that makes you feel better. But I will not allow strangers into my home to upset my family, and if you attempt to bully me into it I will devote all my attention to finding your children.” And she will not like what he does once he has found them, is what his following silence says. Yet he makes no aggressive motion, even flicks his damp tail casually against his haunches. Aodhan is making his way closer and closer to his death, but he’s laid the responsibility for that in front of Aquaria.

Will she stop, he wonders, or will he have to fight three magicians?

@[Aquaria]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Ivar - 06-17-2020, 07:42 AM