• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Wolfbane felt annoyed at this little wrench in his plans. Heartfire was back from the netherrealm, coming to haunt him and ingress on his life as she always did. From the first time they’d met in Loess, Bane knew he’d have trouble shaking her off and he’d struggled openly with the distrust that came side-by-side with the desire to have Heartfire in his future. He’d never truthfully wanted her at all; Beqanna’s horses had a way about them concerning their ancestors, throwing names around for clout, but Bane had always considered himself to be self-made. He needed nothing from his forefathers and when the seer had shown up on the doorstep of his kingdom, eyeing him in that particular way she did now, Wolfbane had wanted her dead and gone as much as he ever had.

Only, back then he’d been torn asunder from having a conscious heart. The part of himself that was better than his fathers before him (hah!) had longed for connection she could provide and, secretly, for the love he’d been looking for ever since he was a child. Heartfire was the final living thread to his own sire, and back then he would’ve been sick to hear what she was saying right now.

But he only laughs at her. She’s here to chastise him, then? Because if not, he’d already be dead.

Though, as he studies her and his bright humor dwindles, Wolfbane begins to see that she’s not incapable of killing him. He wonders what it is that keeps her from doing so, and then wonders idly what it was that he did to push her so far as to want him dead. Right now Bane can’t fathom that it’s merely a power check. He thinks it's got to do with Neverwhere, or something. “Oh, I see.” He responds casually once she’s finished. “Yes, sure, of course. Whatever you say, Heartfire.” The gilded stallion nodded his masked face, infinitely disappointed.

None of this was about anything, then. Just that she’d been keeping an eye on him. He understood now why Wyrm had done what he did, ripping his own eyes out, but the combined group of voices in his head had hammered out other, more practical ways to keep Heartfire from discerning what he was seeing. His daughter Eyas had taught him to think outside of the box long before she tried to hide herself and those secrets with her.

But Heartfire doesn’t know this. “I know my actions have been… undesirable in your eyes, but it really is so good to see you, Grandmere.” Wolfbane gave her tentative smile, and his eyes locked with hers. In his thoughts: Lilliana’s weeping sounded fresh, Neverwhere’s angry screams rang in his ears, and Lepis’ cries of mercy twisted his lips into a darker grin.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal, wingless  ◉  Mood: Amused

@[Heartfire]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 06-27-2020, 11:55 AM