• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

The water against his legs is warm, and Pteron feels his hooves sinking deeper with each slow brush of the tide. The sensation is one that he’d nearly forgotten, and he revels in it while he waits for Svedka to join him in the shallows. Would I be buried entirely if I never moved, he’d once asked, and received only a musical laugh in return. The question reoccurs to him now, and the dun stallion raises his hooves so he never sinks too low.

Svedka smiles beside him, smelling of the ocean and the flowers that are twined in his hair. Whoever had put them there was a patient creature, and Pteron finds the effort devoted as intriguing as they way they draw attention to the soft silk of Svedka’s mane. When the golden stallion laughs and speaks of Tephra’s many benefits, Pteron’s smile widens.

“Oh are there?” Pteron asks, casting a long glance from beneath his forelock. “I’ve not taken the official tour of the place, so the only benefits I’ve seen are the beaches. And the flowers, I suppose.” His expression is playful and his tone is exaggeratedly pensive. He’s truthful when he speaks; Pteron has always turned down the opportunity to see the whole of the kingdom. That would include the volcano, after all.

“You’re in luck,” answers the pegasus. “Though now that you mention it, I think I might like to hear about these benefits.” His brows raise suggestively, and he carefully extends his near wing so that a single hard-silk feather brushes against Svedka’s side. “Perhaps you can tell me of them after a run? I am fond of running along the beach at night, and have not been able to in some time.” Why that is he leaves unspoken – Svedka already knows that he has called the many places home.

Pteron takes a step closer, only to pivot his hind end away so he might face down the shoreline instead of the distant islands of Ischia and Island Resort.  His head tilts inquisitively, and his striped brow raises in a question that matches well with the gentle dare in his olive eyes. Shall we, he ask without words.

@[Svedka]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka - by Pteron - 05-24-2020, 09:56 PM