• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing fades like the light

elio

It's rare that Elio finds time to visit the other side of Beqanna, but on a whim he decides to seek out the tropical kingdom his brother spoke of. The golden man spends most of his time wandering the tall Taigan redwoods and the tightly interwoven trees of the Forest. Often dazed or lost, he lives in solitude, never finding the fancy to seek the company of others.

But over the last day or so, he has felt a restless fluttering in his heart, and fixates on where his brother may be, determined to prove meeting Pteron's children is the breath of fresh air he needs.

A day of lazy, unpracticed flying lands Lio in a patch of flattened, yellow grass. A cool spring breeze tousles his mane charmingly around his eyes as the hot spring sun begins to fade into dusk. Elio blinks a clear gray gaze at the sky, brilliant reds and oranges reflecting there. A hesitant smile, not nearly as bright as the waning sun, lifts his mouth, and he dips his head back to the earth.

Pteron is not within sight but Elio thinks he can just barely make his scent out on the window. He turns to face the breeze's collision, stepping purposely toward a verdant gathering of bright flowers.

i don't think i could stand to be
    where you don't see me

@[aegean]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    nothing fades like the light - by elio - 05-24-2020, 12:04 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 05-26-2020, 01:59 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-09-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-09-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-16-2020, 07:31 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-17-2020, 12:22 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-26-2020, 09:34 PM