• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing fades like the light
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean delights in Elio’s joy. The sea melts away to be replaced by the sky, and he turns his antlered head to the side to watch the clouds grow. He maintains enough control to help guide the illusion. He brings in more clouds to gather at their feet. Sends a breeze through them, tangling their manes and wrapping around their bones. Brings a flock of birds that fly around and through him, disappearing at the touch.

He turns his purple eyes to the other man and just smiles.

It is a smile that fades as the illusion takes a darker turn.

His velvet lips pull into a frown at the violence that simmers to the surface, at the horror flashing across Elio’s face. It takes him a second—too long, he will think later—but he wrestles for control of the gift again. Wrests it free and then takes command once more. He fades away the clouds and then pulls in a comforting light around them. It casts away the shadows and yet obscures the land around them.

Leaving nothing but just the two of them in this makeshift shelter of light.

Nothing but the sound of their breathing.

Concerned, Aegean takes a step forward, closing the distance between them. He reaches forward and brushes Elio’s forelock away from his eyes. “Are you okay?” his voice quiet, a whisper between them.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    nothing fades like the light - by elio - 05-24-2020, 12:04 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 05-26-2020, 01:59 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-09-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-09-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-16-2020, 07:31 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-17-2020, 12:22 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-26-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-29-2020, 08:41 PM