• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, i surrender.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

It feels like ages since it had been just the two of them. Even though she wouldn’t trade their wealth of children for anything, there are of course days where she misses just being with him. Even if things had not always been easy at the beginning, it still has always been their love story to tell, and sometimes, when she is feeling especially nostalgic, she misses the beginning. If only because there are parts that she wishes she could change; wishes she could have been less cold and more open, wishes she could have avoided so much of the heartache and turmoil.

But when his heart stirs inside of her chest, when she feels its steady beating and reassuring rhythm, she thinks maybe everything turned out exactly the way it should have.

With their youngest children off with their eldest, Starsin was free to patrol the perimeter of Sylva one last time. It was a simple task, since she was not often interrupted by any real threats. This was more for show anyway, since Ophanim seemed to have some sort of plan in store, and this seemed like a good excuse as any to give him a chance to prepare.

Feeling as though she had given him adequate time she begins to meander back to where they had promised to meet, slipping between pale-barked trees and under fire-colored leaves. A smile immediately blooms across her lips when he turns to greet her, looking behind him at the array of flowers and apples and mushrooms. But when he speaks the smile turns to one of confusion, and then without meaning to, she laughs. “Thtarthin?”

She presses her lips to the corner of his mouth, still laughing when she says, “That’s very chivalrous that you tested the food to see if it was poisonous so that I didn’t have to suffer.” She pulls away just enough to again look at everything he had laid out, and her usually intense expression softens considerably when she looks back at him and says quietly, “You didn’t have to do all of this, you know.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 05-26-2020, 12:52 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 06-11-2020, 08:08 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 06-12-2020, 10:10 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 06-25-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 07-01-2020, 05:15 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 07-05-2020, 05:08 PM