• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if i never wandered
    Even as a babe Aoibhe never stayed still for long. She’d run her mother ragged, her sense of independence blossoming at an early age, with her constant desire to be doing something. It was why she was now alone, in the Field, without a single soul she knew. Aoibhe had proven herself too bothersome for herd life outside of Beqanna, too full of wanderlust, too full of curiosity. If she were honest with herself the sting of rejection weighed heavy in her belly, a truth she staunchly ignored.

She was as of yet, a girl donning woman’s clothes ignorant of what life actually was. She wore her naivete like a festive hat, her immaturity apparent for all to see. Another reason she was alone. She had not yet settled down to the business of bearing children, a burden in which she had little interest. Her youth excited her, spurred her to explore, and guided her here…to the fields of Beqanna.

Her painted body glided through the long grasses following a small creature that had captured her interest. Nose to the ground, she paid little attention to her surroundings, caring only for the bounding chipmunk that scittered just beyond her breath. She picked up speed in time with the rodent, careful not to tread over it as it lead her weaving across the gentle knoll they played upon. She let out a soft laugh, as the plucky creature turned round to gently nip at her nose, and blew a warm breath at it, ruffling the soft brown fur before giving chase again.

As she trailed her companion, head never rising above the tall grass, the noises about her turned from chirping birds to the soft chatter of other horses in conversation. Unbothered, Aoibhe continued her game trotting with careful hooves behind her small companion until the chipmunk suddenly darted to the left. Surprised she fumbled and her body collided with another sending her clumsily onto her rump. Like a dog, she sat, head shooting up to see who her obstacle had been and issuing a rushed but genuine ”Ooof! I’m so sorry! Are you alright?”

aoibhe

if I never wandered…where would I be

Messages In This Thread
    if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-26-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-27-2020, 04:58 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-27-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-30-2020, 09:07 PM