• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

something wild calls you home
    "Not really, no," Scorch replied. "If I know one thing about you it's that you're either stubborn or loyal at any given time. Today proved that." At the other's comment about being experienced enough to travel on her own, Scorch but shrugged. She'd had other more promising mares turn fickle on her after making greater promises than those made by Aletta, after all.

"Hah!" Scorch laughed at her companion's last question. "Both, I guess, since after all I was. For all my ugliness and toughness, I happen have a bit of a silver tongue when I want to, too." A roll of her shoulders. "Best of both worlds, like."

At this, the approach of another sounded nearby. The feminine scent indicated that Nerine might yet be a woman's land, a fact which roused something of a flame in Scorch's chest (the one she'd always carried there for the Amazons of old). As though to punctuate this surge of long-held and slowly-dying emotion, her chest erupts in flames, flames which lend a quiet crackle to the background noise of the conversation which ensued.

Well, who the hell did you piss off? You look like a boar after Ghaul's been at it.

The words came from a bald-faced mare's lips. Also notable: the mare's wing-shaped dark patches atop her shoulders and the brilliant ice blue of her gaze. Scorch took an immediate liking to her. Anyone who spoke the way Scorch wanted to at all times could be her friend, damnit.

As such, she lapsed into a more familiar tone.

"A dragon, if you have to know," she snorted, leaning her weight into her left hip with a flick of her nubby tail. "And I won that fight." After showing a brief grin, Scorch sighed and tossed her head towards the one she'd brought here. "This is Aletta, and I am Scorch. I ruled here a few years back and I also ruled the land for which this one was created to imitate, that being the Amazon Jungle. I used to know many who lived here but now I'd wager that the only familiar face I'd know is Brennen's, and he's not likely to want to see me. So. Aletta, Nerine, Nerine, Aletta."

And with that, she dipped her head as though to leave.

@[aletta]
    OOC: she secretly wants to stay so any attempt to stop her will work lol
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    something wild calls you home - by aletta - 05-28-2020, 11:57 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-09-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-16-2020, 08:10 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Neverwhere - 06-21-2020, 10:02 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-23-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-26-2020, 01:14 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Eurwen - 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Neverwhere - 08-01-2020, 04:20 PM