• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

something wild calls you home

Neverwhere snorts roughly into the gathering, fixing what should be a blind eye onto the aptly named Scorch.

"Eurwen could certainly do that, she's fickle, y'know, can't stay on any idea very long," this is enormously untrue of the spotted mare at her side, but the words hang briefly in the air unchallenged before she continues, a reckless grin curling across blemished lips, "but I could promote you above her and then you'd be free of that nonsense. Will Queen do? I'm due a vacation, I think."

She turns to Aletta with the hint of a smirk still lingering on her lips, "I'm afraid if you aren't keen on dragons you won't enjoy your time in Beqanna, they're rampant as rats. There's none currently living here in Nerine," they keep a different sort of monster, she thinks, and briefly wonders how the dappled grey would react to Fiorina, "anyway, none to my knowledge."

Neverwhere says this knowing full well that she does not keep her borders as tightly as other leaders do, that she does not worry deeply about the comings and goings of others or concern herself over who wishes to stay. There is only one creature she desires to be free from, and friendly or not, she cares nothing for anyone else. There is a very good chance that there are dragons living in Nerine and she has simply not stumbled on them yet in her travels.

"This pile of rubble has an extensive history, as I have been frequently told. It's quiet, for now, but all things pass. With any luck, that will be on someone else's shoulders."

Reluctant queen. There had been no-one else for Heartfire to reach in that brief moment, and there had been no-one to easily pass the job onto that would have wanted it. The bald-faced mare thinks rather skeptically that she would not have trusted anyone that came to her and offered to take the crown. She had not known any of them, and there had been so many coming to pick away at the silent northern kingdom. Her stubborn scowls had kept it whole, even if they had done nothing else.

"We've had a fire in the South, the scrub trees aren't quite recovered, and there's a magician in the sea, but otherwise I think you'll find Nerine mostly unchanged," she turns back to Scorch, even the magician may be familiar to the former queen, "not many bogs until you get back to Taiga."

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    something wild calls you home - by aletta - 05-28-2020, 11:57 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-09-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-16-2020, 08:10 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Neverwhere - 06-21-2020, 10:02 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 06-23-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 06-26-2020, 01:14 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Eurwen - 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Neverwhere - 08-01-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by Scorch - 08-05-2020, 05:49 PM
    RE: something wild calls you home - by aletta - 08-06-2020, 09:10 PM