• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Yadigar, Any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

"But that's not fair!" 

I was crying, but I had known in a way that it was coming. Mother looked at me with bored eyes, but no real malice. Why should there be? She had washed her hands of me, there was no point reacting. If I wanted to cry, she only had to listen to it for another day or so. 

"It's absolutely not," my glittering dam agreed. "You know what else isn't fair? Getting landed with a kid you didn't ask for. I guess life just isn't fair! You should probably try to get used to it." She smirked, and it was the closest my mother ever got to smiling at me. 

My tail twitched between my legs, wrapped around one ankle in a self-soothing touch. She was sending me away. To live with horses I didn't know, in a place I'd never even heard of. I'm not naive enough to think she'd ever try to see me again once I'm deposited with her strangers. 

I'd been so excited to show her my new markings, the forks of lightning that now throbbed across my skin. Just like hers. She barely spared a glance before sharing her news. More demon magic, she thought. It was good she was getting rid of me now, before I learned anything new. In the morning she'd track us back the way she'd just come from, and then she'd be free. 

I didn't let her get that far. 

If she was going to abandon me, then it was going to be on my terms, not hers. Save her the walk, because I know she was annoyed that we wouldn't be able to fly there. When darkness fell, I began walking, the opposite direction she'd said we'd be going. As far away from her as I could go. Not that I think she'll come looking for me. No. I know she won't. 

I don't know my way in the dark, and where I used to blend in to the night, now my lightning struck coat flickers like a betraying flame as I go. Still, there's no turning back now. Let her find me gone in the morning. With only the slender crescent moon to hang in the sky above me, I move until I can't feel my legs anymore. Until the sun peers over an unfamiliar horizon. Over the sea. 

Dawn stains the water blush and gold, and for a moment it's beautiful enough to distract me from my hunger and exhaustion. A sigh whispers past my lips in wonder. Wherever I'm at, it's greeted me warmly, and my steps are lighter now as I go. I want to touch the sea. Want to bathe myself in the water and baptize myself anew. I freed my mother this morning, and in doing so I think I've freed myself.

TARTE

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-03-2020, 12:35 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-03-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-12-2020, 01:15 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-12-2020, 10:03 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-12-2020, 10:33 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-16-2020, 01:26 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-28-2020, 06:29 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 07-14-2020, 10:30 AM