• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie
    let me die on your altar, sweet death in agony for you.
    His eyes flick upwards and he’s surprised by the depth of color in her stare, the mismatched irises staring back at him. She had been lovely with her cataract gaze before, but he is entirely unprepared for her now. Eucharist finds himself trapped in this endless silence between them, though his pulse thumps wildly in his ears. Then she finally moves. His knees are weaker than ever. The boy almost hates her for how strange and weak and small she makes him feel all at once.

His wings mimic her shuffle as he steps closer. He wants so badly to despise her, but the way she wilts in her words breaks his heart in two. Step by step, he closes the gap between them until his lips hover over her cheek and she finishes speaking. The whole scene moves in a warped slow motion as he extends his neck, pressing a kiss to the corner of her mouth before he can say anything to ruin this reunion – before he loses his nerve.

Being gentle does not come easily to him but he manages to be tender in his kiss. Seconds tick, tick, tick by as he savors the feeling of their mouths pressed together before he finally takes a step back. Even he is shocked at his own bravery.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I don’t even.. know your name,” he mumbles, stepping further back from her now as his wings spread. Half of him wants to take off and fly straight back into the humid jungle of Tephra but the other half has tasted the awful way affection can cripple him so sweetly. His mind furiously flips between the two in endless cycles until finally he folds his wings once more, hiding the pale white freckles across his shoulders.

I just. I like being near you, but it makes me feel not at all like myself,” he explains with a voice that quakes. “I like when you bother me.
    @[caledonia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie - by eucharist - 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM