• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie
    let me die on your altar, sweet death in agony for you.
    She doesn’t even blink when he makes a fool of himself and it puts him more at ease. Caledonia doesn’t seem to mind any bit of his nervous energy at all, in fact. His shoulders visibly relax, now, and he manages to meet her stare as their talks become more natural. He’s even surprised to hear a sheepish laugh as it comes tumbling from his lips when she mentions that she likes this uncertain version of him. The smile lingers there for a while, tucked into the corner of his lips as he watches her.

I guess it’s not that I don’t feel in control. I just.. say things I might not normally. I don’t open up a lot of the time,” he muses aloud, trying to pinpoint exactly what these feelings are. Eucharist gives a light nod when she explains that it isn’t any magic causing this uprising of his emotions.

His bright green eyes stare in wonder as she changes into a small white bird. He didn’t know others could become soft, delicate things. Everyone in his family was usually scaled and armored, fortresses built to survive. It seems strange to see her become fragile instead. But his smile only widens as he steps closer to study her once more.

I can do a few things… Wanna see?” he asks, grinning as his confidence slowly finds its way back home to his heart. The flood of emotions continues but he has begun the first steps of finding that balance between control and vulnerability, delighted by how it makes him feel to show weakness to her.

Gently, he skims her thoughts and finds the echoes of her embarrassment there. He tilts his head and wonders why she would feel that way. “You can make… lights?” he asks, eager to know more of her.
    @[caledonia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie - by eucharist - 08-21-2020, 09:19 PM