• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

maybe redemption has stories to tell; any

"Not really," she answers his question, the words nearly a drawl in their feigned nonchalance. "But you're here, and I work with the material I am given." She would not admit that there is still a part of her that craves company. That trapped beneath the stone that was piling on top of itself, there was still the same vivacious, friendly girl that didn't know a stranger. That while she may pretend to not care one way or another if he was here or not, that young girl inside was praying that he wouldn't leave.

When was the last time she had even spoken to anyone, she wonders? She had avoided Voracious, preferring to ignore the uncomfortable feelings he created.  It was impossible to look at him and not remember how she had earned her antlers by shedding his blood (an imitation of him, at least, but the viciousness with which she had committed the acts was not fabricated at all). She has not seen either of her parents lately, either, letting them play out their bizarre romance in privacy. She knows she has more siblings, countless halves from her father's side, a few from her mother, and one full brother that she almost regrets disappearing on.

It was easy to separate herself from anyone that she might hurt, or that would have the ability to hurt her in return. It was easier to keep that idea of family as something intangible, to leave it in Hyaline and never re-visit it.

It's why she understands that he wanted to be alone; when he says that it's better that way.

"I could leave," she offers him, her bright pink eyes holding steady with his. She tilts her antlered head, produces another almost impish smile, and extends to him, "or I could tell you why I feel like I should be alone as well, and you can decide if I'm more terrible than you are."

Aislyn

she set fire to all the things that held her back
    and from the ashes she stepped into who she always was

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: maybe redemption has stories to tell; any - by Aislyn - 07-05-2020, 11:58 PM