• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  put my heart where i couldn't reach

I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison --

He is not dense enough to miss that he has offended her—and if he was less arrogant, he may have apologized. As it is though, he simply takes note of it and moves on. The storm doesn’t apologize for the damage that it wields and he does not think that he needs to either. He simply stands still, like a giant oak, unyielding and still, not disturbed the flash of her silver eyes or the sharpness of her tongue.

She snaps at him and his tail flicks, hitting massive haunches that still feel so small to him.

“There is always a lesson to be taught,” he responds with an equal sharpness, not stopping to consider that perhaps the vitriol he has met in this world is of his own making. If he is constantly met with a cold shoulder, or mockery, or steel, would it not stand to reason that he is the common denominator?

But he doesn’t consider it.

“If you don’t think there are lessons to be learned, even in this mad land, then you have never learned one,” his eyes sharpen and he jerks his chin haughtily, expecting at least in part to still be considered a god among them, even in this mortal form. She gives him some information though, and for that he softens a little, his expression not quite so cold and unforgiving on the edges of it.

“Tell me more of this Mountain.”

An order more than a request.

MORROWIND

Messages In This Thread
    RE: put my heart where i couldn't reach - by morrowind - 06-25-2020, 01:01 PM