• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost at sea

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

It's times like these, nestled into the midst of diplomatic conversation with weary eyes and an even wearier heart that Oceane most appreciates her friendship with Lepis. Her duties as Lady of Loess come before all ─ she has been tasked with a heavy responsibility, one that she does not fail to find the importance in, but the ease of her relationship with the Loessian Queen allows Oceane her moment of exhaustion and worry. Regardless of this, of the way her worry sits tight between her shoulders, she knows that Lepis will take it for what it is and nothing more.

The responsibilities bestowed to her are not too heavy for her to carry, but nonetheless, they are weighty. "No, I don't expect we will see children from the Isle," she says quietly, a short sigh following, "But Leilan has indicated that he does plan on returning them, after their work with him is done." She chews briefly at the inside of her mouth ─ and knows, fully well, that some may decide to venture to other territories inside of returning to the foothills. Or even, she suspects in Alcinder's case, remain in the Isle. A child's first taste of true independence does not often make for a quiet return to the safety of a mother's bosom.

When Lepis agrees to Leilan's terms, Oceane is awash with both relief and sadness. It's one step towards fulfilling their duty regarding reparations, and yet she cannot help but feel a twinge of sadness at Castile's absence and the burden that now comes with it. As a mother, too, her heart already aches for the parents who will soon be asked to part with their yearlings in the name of diplomacy.

The dun woman turns her gaze to a furry crescent tucked beneath the boughs of a nearby tree, its midsection rising and falling in slow and rhythmic breaths. Oceane's gilded eyes follow and linger on the child, feeling the tightness in her chest at the markings painted across him. The opaline woman does her best to swallow the bile that threatens to rise in her chest at the memory of Lepis' narrative regarding Wolfbane, and at the now-obvious proof of the form he had taken.

It's in this moment that Oceane truly understands everything Lepis' former spouse has taken from her ─ and is surprised by her own desire to end the man's life. He would be deserving of whatever ending befalls him, and silently she hopes it is torturous.

Despite the boy's father, Oceane softens as she peers at him, her ears fluttering as her friend continues to speak at her side. It takes the woman one beat, and then two, after Lepis has fallen into silence to comprehend what has been asked of her. Her gaze turns quickly from the resting boy, colliding with blue eyes of the woman beside her, surprise apparent across the whole of her lavender face.

"Lepis, I... I'm honored that you would trust me with him. I would be happy to," she agrees weakly, knowing that it means she is accepting something that is slowly shaping out to be inevitable. "He would be no burden."

"@[Lepis]! ♥"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 06-12-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-25-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-02-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-12-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM