• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost at sea
    l e p i s
    I never thought it was a question of whether
    “I suppose I already do intend to trust you with Loess,” the blue-eyed mare says with a soft shift of a smile. “What is one more child in it?” Though her voice is light, it is abundantly clear from the fondness in her face as she looks back at Kestrell that he is anything but just ‘one more child.’

He is her last, her legacy.
    He belongs here in Loess, raised by those loyal to the land.

The situation is not a perfect mirror of her own, but it strikes a chord of memory, the rush of emotion swelling in her chest. Leaving her child in the care of another, appointing a friend to watch over them – is that so far from what her own parents had done? Heda had been present – but barely more than that – but her father had vanished long before she had a chance to know him. (Lepis hears, now and again, that he lurks in the western sea, but she had no interest in finding him). I will make sure Kestrell knows me, Lepis thinks, I will ensure he has only positive memories when he thinks of me.

That task, at least, will not be a difficult one.

Not compared to her other one, anyway. To take her mind from it, she returns to the earlier topic of conversation.

“Was he receptive to the idea of Noah’s assistance?” Lepis has not yet the aid of her small red friend, but she is certain that the leader of the Pampas will be agreeable. Noah enjoys flowers, and while this task is of a more industrial nature, Lepis thinks Noah quite capable. She has plans for additional aid as well, ones that she is not as certain of. The prospect of them coming to fruition brings a nearly imperceptible widening of her smile. How fitting would it be, she wonders, if she were to remind the whole of Beqanna exactly how capable she is even as she plans to forsake them.

@[Oceane]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 06-12-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-25-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-02-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-12-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-24-2020, 07:21 AM