• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost at sea
    l e p i s
    I never thought it was a question of whether
    You know Leilan, Oceane tells her, and Lepis does nothing more than raise a brow. Yet there is enough emotion in that single look to convey agreement. The older mare knows her experience with the man – now the creature – has swayed her a certain way, but she has made no effort to make that known. The bronze dragon takes pleasure in irritating others, and that is never a thing that Lepis has tolerated well. That he had taken the Islers to the Brilliant Pampas is met with a slow blinks. She will speak of that with Noah, as she will what she now says to Oceane.

“Now that you are returned, there will be some changes in the structure of our kingdom” , she begins, her blue-grey eyes as heavy as the thunderheads that rumble in the west. “I will remain as leader of Loess, but you will rule the south. The kingdom seat will be moved, and whether it is to Sylva or to the Brilliant Pampas is your decision to make.”

Never looking away from Oceane, she still keeps her ears pointed toward her youngest’s resting shape. His father has been occupied elsewhere in Beqanna for the time being, and she tells Oceane briefly of her apolitical encounter with the Nerenian queen and her speculation on the timeline of her eventual demise. There is no need for an immediate answer to the choice she had posed earlier, the dun mare makes clear, as perhaps Oceane would want to visit one place or the other, or propose some other alternative entirely. Lepis is rather pleased to have found a way to hold onto Loess without the burden of an entire kingdom.

This way someone else can deal with the hassles of an empire, while Loess remains entirely her own.

If she cannot have the entire world in her grasp when she dies, at least she will have Loess. 

“We wait for news of whether or not the Tephrans wish an alliance, in addition to the open borders and access to their healing waterfall that they have already granted. Once we have that, and the matter of power change settled, I think it time we address the kingdom. I can gather them when you are ready.”

@[Oceane]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 06-12-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-25-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-02-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-12-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-24-2020, 07:21 AM