• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // Iridian
    i know i need us more than i need me
    I miss her every day. Every waking moment. Despite my utmost attempts at distraction (adventures with mother, games with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and the like), that heavy feeling of loneliness always finds its way to the cage of my ribs. As natural as our separation ought to be given the fact that we never stood together in the real world, that lingering sense of oneness we'd shared in the womb for those many months renders peace impossible for us. Or at least difficult in the extreme. 

Where once I was whole, I am now but half.

Sometimes, I whisper to mother one night, with tears in my eyes, it feels like I'm a twin whose twin died. I don't know how to be alone. And as I break down, Solace envelops me in her warm, feathered embrace, murmuring empathetic and compassionate words to me until I calm. Though my breathing steadies, inside, I feel as though I might die from the ache of missing her.

That all being said, I live for the times when Iri and I can be together: when I fall to sleep.

She never takes long to find me when I start into dreaming (in fact she never misses my arrival at all) and tonight finds us in no different of a situation. Having settled down in the coconut grove with mama and mother for the night, I fell asleep in record time (something about my twin being dream locked causing me to be ultra-sleep-trained); and, with her name upon my lips before I even realize that her dreamscape surrounds me, I awaken on the other side.

"Iri!"
    Indius

""

@[iridian]
    [Image: indi]

Messages In This Thread
    I know I need us more than I need me // Iridian - by Indius - 06-10-2020, 06:30 PM