• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean has never known anything but this languid pace of living. Perhaps it is a consequence of living so much in his own head instead of in the world around him. He is unlike his companion in that he has never followed in his parent’s foot steps. While they were both born of leaders—of Kings and Queens, in the Beqanna of old—Aegean has never hungered for any touch of power. He has never allowed it to be hoisted on him or, rather, perhaps it was simply apparent from a young age that he had no talent for it.

Pteron was born a leader, Aegean thinks, tracing circles in his pale flesh.

It is no surprise that he was given it, has earned it, throughout his life.

Aegean was too introverted. Too solemn. Too interested in the illusions and dreams.

Such interest leaves him calm and peaceful, but slow—gentle in his lazy pace. He does not push back against the quick timeline though. He has no reason to stay here longer than Pteron wants. They are, after all, here because of Pteron’s initial wishes. It makes no difference to him where he lays his head at night.

“Tomorrow then,” he murmurs, stretching out to lay his cheek against Pteron’s back. He stands there like that for a moment, a single ear flicking in the distance at the sound of their children playing. They would love the adventure, he knows, although it would maybe take some convincing before Aureus agreed.

His attention comes back to the present time at Pteron’s musing and his wide chest rumbles with laughter at the though. “What an unappealing name,” his self-deprecating humor rolls off his tongue somewhat unnaturally. The pale stallion was many things, but he did not suffer from particularly low self-worth.

“I would say we could call it Pteron Island, but we would be overrun with suitors.”

The joke is light and without barbs. Aegean has no qualms of whatever dalliances and lovers that the stallion has on the side—not when he makes time for lazy moments like this with him.

As if to prove his point, Aegean nibbles down his spine and leaves a soft bite.

“How would I get a wink of sleep with those kind of crowds?”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high | aegean - by aegean - 06-25-2020, 11:11 AM