• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait for light like water from the sky;

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

To say that everything she did yesterday was unplanned was a lie - there’d been a certain moment, however brief, that she knew she was on a path of no return, that she knew which actions would lead to what - though to experience them was a wholly different matter, and she’d agreed to the choice to move forward very quickly.

Regret is a thing one cannot know when there’s little to remember at all, and so she dozes on the soft grass near the Tephran border without any troubles on her mind. Sheltered by a few trees that the land has technically in common with Taiga and Sylva, carried by the soft hums of Svedka’s breathing, she dreams lightly - of future times, perhaps, happier moments just like these.

Come dawn, rays of sunlight creep up on her peripheral vision, though not necessarily from above but from her wings. She has yet to find a way to take some more control over those; so far they wake her each morning with the sunrise, simply by existing when the sun does. The alabaster mare yawns, giving the stallion a once-over, then nestles her head into the crevice of his neck and shoulder. ”Morning, sleepyhead,” she murmurs into his throat, smiling because she knows not many would have said that to him in his lifetime - on their trip he’s been too active at night to not be awake come dawn; in fact she suspects he usually sleeps during the day.

Ilma pulls her head back reluctantly, blinking against the sun. She gets up much the same way, shaking herself in the morning air and takes a few steps away from the palomino-spotted male - not that she likes to, but there’s things to do today - the same things they had both very willingly pushed back to today.

The autumn morning is crisp on her skin, but the hot stream they’d found themselves in yesterday had not moved. In fact... snorting, she looks down on the blue-maned stallion. ”I guess that bath needs a do-over now,” she states almost matter-of-factly - if it weren’t for the obviously amused tone in her voice and the twinkle in her eye, of course.

Joke or not, she is going to bathe, and she doesn’t wait for his response to move towards the water - they smell so obviously of one another, even if they walked into Tephra separated by a whole day it would be clear how they spent last night, exactly.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    @[Solace] @[Kagerus] take 2 I guess! Haha
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I wait for light like water from the sky; - by Ilma - 06-14-2020, 04:21 PM