• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait for light like water from the sky;

let my shadows prove the sunshine

Daylight finds them even beneath the shelter of a few sparse trees and quickly intends to stir them from sleep. Svedka groans in defiance, long before Ilma’s voice would encourage him further. The feeling of the burning sun on his skin reminds him of his days as a colt - and even then, he hated the Tephran mornings, seeing as the heat made it impossible to sleep in. For a moment, though, he relishes in this in-between; where he is not quite conscious yet not fully asleep, grasping tightly to the strands of sleep. He can feel her beside him, warm and soft, and he does his best to sidle even closer, shouldering his way across the soft earth.

Svedka knows nothing of regret (not yet, anyway) and is merely happy to sleep his day away without any real thought or reason. He nearly tells Ilma this, that they should just continue to sleep here forever until they absolutely haveto get up, but when her head nestles into the crook of his neck and shoulder while her lilting voice encourages him from his light dozing, he finds himself incapable to argue.

He harrumphs in response, a smile pulling at his pink lips while his eyes remain stubbornly closed. It almost appears as if he isn’t going to move, but as Ilma moves from him he grimaces. “Ugh,” he says quite dramatically, nuzzling his head into the ground in defiance, disliking the coolness that fills in the area she once kept warm. She’s talking about baths and getting the day started and, much like the colt he once was, he whines with tiredness. “We look fine,” he grumbles as he stretches his ivory legs out from beneath him, groaning as the tight muscles begin to loosen. His eyes are still closed, however, so there is no way for him to truly know if that was the case.

Finally, one single blue eye opens and the stallion raises his head. Perhaps its the idea of another swim with her that rouses him from sleep or simply the fact that she is now no longer beside him and seemed completely fine with continuing that distance. He snorts sharply, rolling in one fluid movement onto his back, twisting his spine to grind the dirt into his skin. He huffs, laying there for a moment with his legs curled above him before his eyes glance at her.

“Alright, alright,” he tells her defeatedly, despite the smile that lingers lazily on his lips. He goes to stand, a fine layer of dust settling across the white and champagne of his skin, smirking devilishly. “You’ll help me reach the places I can’t, yes?” Svedka strides past her, his mouth pressing against her flank, then ribcage, her shoulder, and lastly her cheek, in gentle kisses. Satisfied in his morning greeting, the stallion enters the stream and halts, turning his head over his shoulder to give her a wink.

svedka

@[Ilma] @[Solace] @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wait for light like water from the sky; - by Svedka - 06-17-2020, 11:25 AM