• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait for light like water from the sky;
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

"Listen, I'm just saying that if it came down to you, me, and Castile in a fight, I would kick Castile's ass way faster than you could and don't try to --"

The sight of a ghost from our past interrupts our playful banter. All of a sudden the path we trode down with merriment not moments before seems to become burdened, heavy with memories; but the sight of the memories flirting and frisking towards a pool negates that heaviness. While Solace gapes I stutter under my breath. "Ambassador..."

I fix my face as Solace does hers.

In step with my beautiful wife, I go to join my brother-in-law and once ambassador and very close friend. Ilma. While Solace greets them both I take a moment to observe the situation, to recall from years past the exact nature of these two's relationship. Thoughts of Ilma's long-ago assault and Svedka's steadfast dodging of any long-term affections both conflict with the visuals I am presented with here, never mind the fact that Ilma disappeared so long ago. When all falls silent, however, I choose to ignore my misgivings, or at least to set them aside for private speculation at a later time.

Svedka seems taken with her, so why should I hesitate? (A voice in the back of my mind laughs at this naive placement of trust in the once Heart of Hyaline. He was called the Heart for a reason, after all; we couldn't exactly call him the Brain or the Brawn [hence why we had an ambassador and a general,too]).

"Ilma!" I exult, ears flicked forward and scarred lips pulling into a grin. "It's been too long." With that, I step forward to offer the mare an embrace...

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wait for light like water from the sky; - by Kagerus - 06-23-2020, 03:05 PM