• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait for light like water from the sky;

let my shadows prove the sunshine

Svedka’s champagne colored ears flick away from Ilma, familiar voices just a breath away. He cannot help the dashing grin that finds the pink of his lips, tossing his head and straightening, completely content with remaining in the quiet stream until his sisters found him and Ilma. The familiar faces of both the antlered Kagerus and his beautiful twin soon come into view and he whinnies to them encouragingly, suddenly very awake than he had been moments ago. He makes a face, wrinkling his nostrils as his blue eyes flash from Ilma and back to his sisters on the soft bank. “Whose ass are we kicking?” Svedka asks curiously and with a devilish smile, only having heard the last piece of Kagerus’ sentence as they came into sight. He quickly laughs, not really caring for an answer - for they all know Svedka is a lover, not a fighter. 

The stallion finds Solace’s eyes - so familiar and comforting when he looks into them - his grin softening into a gentle smile, warmth smoothing the edges of his face as she greets Ilma. “I’m entitled to my secrets, sweet sister,” he remarks with a tender chuckle, stepping forward to lip affectionately at her frosted forelock. He then turns to greet Kagerus as well, brushing his mouth fondly in a quick kiss to her dark cheek. 

Svedka’s bright gaze turns to Ilma, becoming dark for a moment with concern. He watches her carefully, as always, gauging her reactions and ensuring that the moments ahead would not add any more stress to her. He steps closer as the confusion flickers over her pale face, silent but with an encouraging touch of his nose to hers. “I don’t know what happened,” he tells his sisters honestly, his warm gaze on Ilma for a moment longer before he sighs softly, turning towards the couple. “I don’t know if she was cursed, or if there was an accident. I’ve tried to help her remember, but again, it’s all broken up and in pieces.”

Thoughtfully he purses his lips, wondering if the waterfall or Kagerus herself could string the pieces back together and put back what had been shattered. “The safest place would be here, with us,” he muses quietly, offering Ilma a soft smile. Perhaps her memories would come back and perhaps they wouldn’t. Either way, he knew that himself and both Kagerus and Solace would create a space for her that could feel like home, eventually. 

svedka

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wait for light like water from the sky; - by Svedka - 06-29-2020, 09:49 AM