• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let the moment break you, Izora Lethia

Yanhua

On Yanhua’s right, a rustling sound came from the woods. Izora had heard him and come out to find him, making her way through the sapling trees and low-lying bushes. He smiled to see her, turning around on his white-stocking legs, shaking aside his glowing gold mane as she slipped down the bank to meet him on the roadway. He found it surprising that, at nearly two years old, he could already look down on her from where he stood. Had he already grown that much in such a short time? Maybe he hadn’t noticed, since he spent most of his time alone with the red giants of Taiga.

“Oh, not much.” He laughed honestly in reply, “I’ve been thinking…” The goat-horned colt started hesitantly, tilting his head and looking away out of momentary shyness, “I’d like to join the ranks. Officially.” He mustered, then ducked his head and asked quietly, “...as a warrior?”

Oof, he thought. Why couldn’t he have just come right out and said it? “Izora, it’s time I become a stallion. Make me a warrior of Taiga.” At least then she might’ve taken me seriously. The embarrassed chestnut chastised himself. He bit his tongue and closed his eyes for a second, then picked up his head to try again. “I know I’m still young, and I haven’t gotten out much, but I’m capable.” He looked Izora dead in her eyes, knowing this much to be true. “Mothe- Lilliana,” Yan corrected himself quickly, “told me I had ‘ways of protecting’ myself, but I’m not quite sure I know what they are… or even how to use them.”

He remembered odd moments of time where maybe once or twice he’d been able to do strange things, like avoid slamming into a tree when he hadn’t been paying attention to what was in front of him, or sometimes being able to huddle closer than should be possible into his mother’s side. When Yan questioned himself about what it was that he could do aside from seeing an echo, those were the instances brought to mind. And, every time he thought about those random occurrences, Yanhua couldn’t help but wonder if that latent ‘gift’ didn’t show itself because he’d never really had a moment threatening enough to bring it out?

Perhaps… perhaps the key was pushing himself past his comfortable boundaries.

“If that means I can use my gifts in some way to keep myself or my loved ones safe - if it means I get to protect Taiga - then I want to learn to use them. Please,” He asked the mare covered in a soft purple aura, “give me your blessing.”

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let the moment break you, Izora Lethia - by Yanhua - 06-22-2020, 05:40 PM