• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest (Celeste)

Celeste turns her face towards the sun.

So, the Gates of the Afterlife had opened - had let these wayward souls lose on Beqanna - and the revelation that she isn't alone doesn't startle the black mare. Perhaps, the lost shade part of her soul, recognized the absence in the other. Maybe they had been lost together in the Ether? Perhaps, they had passed through each other.

The dark mare doesn't let her thoughts dwell there long, though. Both she and Seraph know that Death is the inevitable ending; it came for them once and would come again. They have been there before and it does nothing for either of them to reflect on it. To know that they are alive again, that is a thought worthy of basking in the sun. To feel the warmth dawning on their skin was enough to keep Celeste in this moment. There was air in her lungs again - air that she knew was good, air that she has breathed before. A smile tugs at the edge of her dark lips, "And how does it feel?"

She might know who she was before but she knows this feeling. This is living. And even if she can't remember dying, can't remember the before, she knows this feeling and this seems like a good enough place to start.

What the other mare says makes her smile falter and finally, she frowns. "Your Beqanna?" the dark mare asks. Celeste studies the other mare - watches her face and takes in the depth of her coat again, feeling that familiar (irritating) feeling that she knows her. She has seen it somewhere before. Did they wander the same Beqanna? The one that was not this one? Do ghosts know each other outside the Afterlife?

"Tell me about it," Celeste says, "maybe we can remember together... @[Seraph]." Even the name tastes familiar on her tongue and it makes the intensity of her stare brighter, flicking her gaze to the red of her coat before her brown eyes glance up again. "My name is Celeste." Ghosts had names, apparently.

Maybe they could remember, too.

does anybody know where anything is going? XD

Messages In This Thread
    Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest (Celeste) - by Seraph - 06-21-2020, 03:28 AM
    RE: Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest (Celeste) - by Celeste - 06-29-2020, 08:16 PM