• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana)

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Recently Eyas hadn’t slept, which meant that she couldn’t dream. Catcher couldn’t visit her dreams if she didn’t have them, and lately it seemed as if every time the pegasus went for a peek into Catcher’s vision, her eyes were closed as well. The timing just wasn’t right for them to meet in their unconventional ways. So tonight, Eyas sighed and went looking for another sort of distraction. She passed by the ancient spires and red rock hills, growing shorter and shorter the farther south she trekked, swishing her tail and jostling her closed wings with every stride.

The smell of the landscape was sweet and dry in her throat, burning still from the heat of the day. She could feel the warmth coming off the ground and hear the soft clattering of little clay stones as they tumbled out of her way, and for just an instant Eyas pictured herself as a child again. Nostalgia swept through her, bittersweet, and feeling her heart clench painfully, Eyas stopped.

“Santana?” She asked the quiet dark, pensively. The buckskin pony hadn’t heard him following her; maybe she’d just happened to come across the place he’d carved out for himself while they remained here, waiting for action. At least I hope it’s him. She thought silently, waiting but flicking her ears around to listen. She hadn’t looked with her vision manipulation - it had been her other power, that darkness she refused to tap into, that had alerted her to the presence of another being. It could be anybody, really. At the very least she was sure it was ‘a body’; something with a soul she could possess, or control if need be.

EYAS

@[Santana]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana) - by Eyas - 06-21-2020, 03:25 PM