• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Gourd of the Rings [any]
    Aodhán

He does, of course, see the boy flare up under his suggestion, but he chooses to ignore it - he will either find out later, or maybe if he's the sort, mull over it before he talks to his father. It's not Aodhán's place to truly correct him, and besides, on the topic of fairies and quests, he can only chime in with what he knows. Of the trait - or curse - that Florian talks about, Aodhán knows very little; the boy hasn't even told him what it was.

He does question how the Resort is dangerous, and Aodhán nods. "Not the Resort itself, but the way towards it. I almost drowned, having gotten snatched up by the treacherous sandbanks on the way - quicksand I think, but it felt almost like a real sand monster at the time." Of course, the young yearling had had too much of an imagination, he believes - or hopes so, anyway. "The Island Resort, Icicle Isle, Silver Cove, and Brilliant Pampas were all newly made lands after the sickness was created, safe havens if you will. So we were sent to gather an ingredient of each to make the Cure. My sister helped with that too, I think - she gave me a sample, and now I can be anything I want - or don't want. I've spent a good year as a half-sentient rock." He grins there, thinking of the time Pteron and Izora Lethia woke him up in Taiga - not the best of times, since some political struggle was just starting at the time, so he hadn't stayed to watch it all play out. Instead, he shrugs a little about it, dismissing the idea. It's not important - not then, and most certainly no longer now.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Florian]

Messages In This Thread
    Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 07-04-2020, 03:00 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 07-12-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 07-14-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 07-29-2020, 10:07 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 08-14-2020, 08:06 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Florian - 08-19-2020, 09:49 AM
    RE: Gourd of the Rings [any] - by Aodhan - 08-22-2020, 11:02 AM