• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the beginning of the end

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    There is a gruff bark of laughter, and Ivar’s golden eyes flash in genuine amusement.

“You’re one to talk about senility, old man.” The kelpie says with an incredulous shake of his head. “I thought you magicians were supposed to have your eyes and ears everywhere. The dead have returned, haven’t you heard?”

Ivar is remarkably unconcerned about the sort of arcane working that have brought life back to the dead; it is the sort of cosmic chicanery that a creature like himself has no control over. And so the kelpie doesn’t worry over it, preferring to focus on those things he can control.

One of those things is – he hopes – Brennen. And if not control, and least shoo him away again so that Ivar can return to his peaceful existence. Ivar has watched Ischia from the depths, and he has seen that only one foal trails behind Aquaria. It is the boy, the one that he had wanted for his daughters. The whereabouts of the girl are unknown to the kelpie, but Brennen’s presence and accusation of treachery suggest that the bay stallion and his pale dame think Ivar responsible.

“Have you come to apologize, then?” Ivar asks Brennen, as casual as he’d been when asking after Kaite. “I assume you found the second child perfectly unharmed as well?”

@[Brennen]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    the beginning of the end - by Ivar - 06-26-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: the beginning of the end - by Brennen - 07-13-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: the beginning of the end - by Ivar - 07-16-2020, 07:02 AM
    RE: the beginning of the end - by Brennen - 07-22-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: the beginning of the end - by Ivar - 07-26-2020, 07:23 AM