• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I can't afford fire, but I keep myself warm; any

If I had done anything remotely notable since coming to Beqanna, it had been give life to the beautiful colt at my side in the place called Silver Cove. Without much hesitancy I had decided to call the land my home. For weeks I had traveled around the Cove with my son at my side and had yet to find the others that lived there. Though their scents clearly twisted in the wind.

One evening the loneliness had been particularly strong and with a strong desire for socialization I made my way towards the common lands, eager to show Bert the world and maybe meet someone new to converse with. It seemingly takes hours, but with eager steps we step into the field. With a jump and a kick of his heels, the small colt runs ahead through the tall grasses, his wings fluttering as he giggles.

A small smile spreads across my features as I watch him and a sudden burst of love fills my chest. "Bert, be careful!," I call out after him as I walk further into the field and chuckle softly. A bright eye scans the open land until it lands on a sooty bay mare. Anticipation fills my chest and the muscles in my shoulders twitch slightly.

With a shake of my head and gentle huff, my legs carry me forward towards the unknown mare. "Hello," I call out as I make my way closer. "I'm Evarae," my voice is gentle and sweet as it dances in the empty space between us. Coming to a stop, I leave a respectful amount of distance between the myself and the other. "The stars are beautiful, are they not?" I glance towards the sky and take in the beautiful sight as my sons laughter breaks the silence.

It's too good to be true, I ain't got nothin' to do with you
    Evarae
    image credit

@[Kaite]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can't afford fire, but I keep myself warm; any - by evarae - 07-06-2020, 06:08 PM