• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam)

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

To some extent she had known she was a mother - Svedka had shared his memories of a black, winged filly and a grulla colt, and she had the memory of a perlino with her own sunshine wings - and the strange visions of another daughter, alternating between palomino and more white-ish, always with blue accents - but to see one of them before her had still been quite a shock.

The memory is fresher than any of the ones she has of her previous life, and the white mare flashes her eyes towards the hill he had ascended with a smile. He’d run uphill with a loud whinny, enthusiasm in his voice when he called out for her. “Mom!” he’d called her and honestly there was no denying it. He showed more color in his mane and points than she, and the fact was that he was male and much younger. Otherwise, he could have been her mirror image. Even in her wide-eyed shock she had recognised this, and Toivo had slowed and bumped her nose instead of chocked her into an embrace. Though initially she had been surprised to see him in the flesh, her child had more of her than she could have dreamed, and the boy had shown surprising tact for his age. She remembers the peace she felt in his presence, which he had later explained when they slowly walked and talked through the Tephran jungle. He visited her every other day since - days when he didn’t, the moon-and-sunlight mare found herself to the other male company who had been this patient with her - her sun and sky friend. Boyfriend, as Toivo said, seems inappropriate for his way of living. That felt like a claim she wouldn’t want to tie him down with if she could.

The third day they met up, they ended with the waterfall. Already, her son - son! she still hadn’t been used to the idea of having fully grown children and now, expecting another (though she had not told anyone yet at the time) she didn’t remember anything about her previous pregnancies - he’d told her that it was healing water, though he had immediately followed up with his insecurity about it’s ability with mental issues. Ilma nodded as they watched the water thunder into the pool, but then she shrugged. ”We’ll never know until we try.” she said to him, and waded in the much colder water than the hot pool she and Svedka had dallied in.

Nothing had happened that she knew, which on one hand had actually been a relief. Toivo had told her about the peace induction, too, and the possibility of having a self-healing trait. She hadn’t yet had the heart to try scraping herself on purpose, especially not when she had her little secret to carry, and besides a daily soak in the waters just to see if anything would help, would negate any sort of results from that test.

She still has no idea how to actually use that peace-inducing magic however; or how to heal. She had slowly stopped coming to the waterfall, at least not daily, because she found that it hadn’t worked for her. Not, at any rate, that she knew. Perhaps if it did work, it worked much more slowly, but she had made peace with her not knowing. Like she once told Svedka, it was a future she wanted. She had other, silly little worries though - Toivo had just recently dropped the mention of a lovely female, and she wondered how soon she would be a grandmother - a strange thought she was going to have to deal with, what with her new child growing.

She knew that very soon her growing belly would be noticeable at first glance, not the second. But her sunlight-carrying son has had no eye for such things to this date, young as he is, and for now it seems that he was too full of a girl named Oectra to actually notice anything at all about his silly old mom. He’d talked mostly of her, on their latest get-togethers. She smiles when he is about to compare the blue of the waterfall to her eyes again, and bumps his shoulder with her nose. ”So when are we going to meet her?”

The perlino jerks his head, his cheeks coloring nicely with his red-tinted mane. They’d walked to the waterfall as it is their usual goal, though Ilma had not felt like swimming again today. The white mare dips her forelegs into the water and lowers her head to take a long sip, giving the young adult time to get himself together. She feels the contentment of his peace manipulation as he uses it apparently on himself, and lifts her head again to snort. ”Little cheater.” she calls him, but she chuckles and doesn’t honestly mind. As far as she knows she had left him in Tephra because that had seemed a better option for him, and look how he turned out. It still amazes her sometimes that she apparently had been such a busy woman - now, she has no such urges to leave the safety and comfort of home at all. Kagerus had called her ambassador however - so perhaps one day she would feel the urge to go out more and make or mend relationships with other lands. Instead, she just offered Toivo what she knew of the subject - which was a surprising lot for one who had no active memory, just random information stored. Or perhaps it was just a part of her to have some sort of insight, and maybe that’s what had made it a fitting job for her.

Ilma wades a little further into the water, her slightly round belly now touching the surface where any other time it would not yet have. She should tell Svedka soon - but she turns to her son as he stutters to explain that the painted young mare lives in Taiga. ”Well, don’t let me keep you then.” she tilts her head at her -apparently youngest- son. ”I’ll be around, you know.” If anything, this self-healing he had mentioned, could very well be the reason of her memory loss - perhaps some sort of trauma had healed badly - but she never mentioned this idea, knowing the complications. But right now she means Tephra - she certainly doesn’t plan on going anywhere at all.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

Long-*** intro but here we are. Sort of up to date xD
    @[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-03-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-13-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-05-2020, 01:04 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-14-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 09-05-2020, 03:58 PM