• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a taste of immorality

I've been traveling the lands of Beqanna since first landing here. Though the first time I had set hoof in Silver Cove was when the pain of labor had flowed through my body. Hours passed and a delicate looking son soon followed. Betrayal was the beginning to a healing she had not expected or - in all honesty - wanted. Though as soon as he was there, his little silver eyes peering up into my pretty blues, I couldn't help but embrace the start to something new.

For the first few weeks after my son's birth, I spent the time in Silver Cove watching over and protecting him. Teaching him the basics of life and watching as he grew stronger each day. Soon he was playing, chasing rabbits in the tall grasses and butterflies through the meadows. It was hard not to smile and laugh along with him.

One of his favorite places to haunt was around the burning tree. Sometimes he'd stand there staring at the flames as though in awe and I'd watch him, truly fascinated with his curious nature. Had I ever been that curious? Was there a time where pain and war hadn't filled my young life? If so, I could not remember.

With slow steps, I follow the young golden butterfly as he trots elegantly through the tall grasses. My focus is hardly deterred yet when the Bay Tobiano comes into view my ears twist in thought. It's not my intention to approach, but almost as soon as I had seen her, so had Betrayal. With an eagerness the young colt turns towards her, his small frame bouncing through the grasses as his wings flutter excitedly.

His high pitched whinny of greeting has me at his side within moments and with careful hesitation I approach the mare with him. "Hello!," the small colt says in greeting to the mare. "I'm Bert and this is my momma," blinking softly I turn my eye towards the mare and come to a stop, watching as Betrayal steps closer to the other. "Who are you?" I smile somewhat apologetically as my son continues to speak. It's his first time meeting someone other than myself.

Tiny steps are taken as the colt steps up close to the mare, his neck stretching upwards. With small huffs and widened eyes he reaches his muzzle towards her own. "Bert," I huff slightly in embarrassment. "Personal space," I chide to the boy as I take a step forward.

It's too good to be true, I ain't got nothin' to do with you
    Evarae
    image credit

@[Straia]

Messages In This Thread
    a taste of immorality - by Straia - 07-03-2020, 12:27 PM
    RE: a taste of immorality - by evarae - 07-04-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: a taste of immorality - by Straia - 07-10-2020, 08:48 AM