• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina
    choke them on the ashes of the dreams they burned
    She is beautiful, just as he remembered. Her black eyes, framed by her dark mane and the striking iridescent blue – it makes the shadowy beats of his heart skip in his chest.

And it makes the guilt he has been so desperately fighting rise up like the sea inside of him; drowning, consuming.

He wonders what she would think of him if she knew. If she knew that there were parts of him that he could not control, parts of him so enveloped in darkness that no amount of light could ever chase it away. Parts of him that might hurt her, though he liked to think he would be incapable.

He had also thought himself incapable of attacking a young, relatively defenseless girl, but the shadows had proved him wrong on that front already.

She says his name, and it draws him forward, like a siren's song.

He cannot help the way his bright, faintly glowing eyes flicker across her face searchingly, across every delicate angle, and the subtle curve of her lips. “How have you been?”  The question sounds so trivial because he knows she is so much more than small talk and social niceties. But he is afraid to dive too deep; afraid of what might happen if he lets himself think he could ever deserve or even have someone like her.
    torryn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina - by Torryn - 07-20-2020, 12:17 AM