• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina
    choke them on the ashes of the dreams they burned
    He is treading uncharted territory, and it takes him a moment to recognize his mistake. He is not used to caring about anyone else, and while she had quickly found a place in his shadowy heart, he had not expected to even be an afterthought in hers. But when he sees the look that flickers across her beautiful face, sees the way emotion ripples like water across it, he feels his own chest tighten.

He realizes, a little too late, that his words had caused the pain – the way he so carelessly spoke of his actions in his attempt to alleviate his own stress.

He had unintentionally hurt her, and he glances away for a moment, his eyes closing.

He looks back, and he swears, for a moment, her eyes had been red.

He blinks, and she is again as he had always remembered her, the same intriguing black eyes in a strikingly beautiful face. Only now there is a different sadness to her, and he does not think he can forgive himself for realizing he had caused it. “It isn't like that, Despoina,” he begins, haltingly, and he takes a single step towards her. If it was at all possible for such harshly colored eyes to soften, his do, as he stares at her with all of his regret reflecting so plainly in them. “I don't...I'm not with her. And I don't want to be.”

His jaw sets as he looks away from her, staring hard at the ground before adding low and quiet, “I shouldn't have said anything. Forgive me.”
    torryn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina - by Torryn - 08-11-2020, 12:00 AM