• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's too good to be true; gospel

I come to the caretaker under the dark evening skies and bright stars. Days ago my little butterfly and I had run across Clarissa and Cirilla. The day spent with them had been a lovely one and soon after an invitation to live in the same land had followed. With an eager acceptance I had grabbed hold of that offer and refused to let it go.

Though what came with that offer came the responsibility of approaching the one who led the land and saw over it's inhabitants. Catching sight of her I step forward, my son pressed against my side as I swallowed nervously. "Gospel?" My voice is stronger than I feel in the moment. "Clarissa told us to find you," my nerves are shot. The last time I had faced down a leader hadn't gone so well and the memories threatened in this moment to burst from mental box I had buried them in.

In all truth, there was no need to be this nervous, but something in me couldn't prevent it. "I don't want to waste your time..." My voice trails off as I look down at Bert and I shift my weight. "My son and I would love to live here."

It's too good to be true, I ain't got nothin' to do with you
    Evarae
    image credit

@[gospel]
    *Mention of Clarissa & Cirilla inviting Evarae and Betrayal approved by Affy. ♥

Messages In This Thread
    it's too good to be true; gospel - by evarae - 07-06-2020, 06:34 PM
    RE: it's too good to be true; gospel - by gospel - 07-07-2020, 01:05 PM
    RE: it's too good to be true; gospel - by evarae - 07-07-2020, 04:35 PM
    RE: it's too good to be true; gospel - by gospel - 07-20-2020, 07:04 PM