• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

line them up, lions on them.
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He has reached the dismal conclusion that his wing is, in fact, broken. He keeps it tucked close to his back with little interest in moving the limb for the time being. Eventually, his father will find him here regardless of whatever barrier shrouds the northern region now. He has stared into the depths of his father’s jaws and seen that there is neither floor nor ceiling to his rage. Yadigar stands in the clearing of Nerine where the cold wind caresses his face. Though he cannot see it, he keeps his gaze fixed on the borders of this kingdom.

He must be ready.

Each day, he gorges himself on the sheep and other prey animals that call this place home. Their blood brings him no sense of satisfaction but rather a gnawing dread in knowing that their life fuels his own. The more he devours, the larger he grows. When Ghaul finds a way to tear down their walls, the Pangean prince will be ready to answer his war cry with one of his own.

His ears turn forward when he notices a figure approaching. It lacks wings and stands a bit shorter than his father, yet he remains tensed with his healthy wing spread slightly. There are many who put their faith in the promises of glory and victory that Pangea offers. He can trust no one. Yadigar decides he must not give the impression that he is fearful of the stranger. He swallows the nervous lump in his throat and lifts his chin, takes a few steps forward in feigned confidence.

I don’t recognize you,” he begins, tilting his head as he observes him. “I am Yadigar, the misplaced prince of the east.

Then he laughs at his own joke and he is surprised at how genuine it sounds.
    @[Dacian]

Messages In This Thread
    line them up, lions on them. - by yadigar - 07-16-2020, 12:41 PM
    RE: line them up, lions on them. - by Dacian - 07-31-2020, 12:12 AM
    RE: line them up, lions on them. - by yadigar - 08-12-2020, 09:15 PM
    RE: line them up, lions on them. - by Dacian - 08-24-2020, 12:31 AM