• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it was not your fault but mine

The air rushes exhilaratingly past her as she unfolds her wings to catch the wind that buffets the seaside cliffs. There is freedom in the sky, a rush that cannot be found elsewhere. It had always been there, but she wonders why she had never truly appreciated it before. Of course, there is a simple answer to that question, but one she’s not quite ready to acknowledge yet.

As she swoops low over the waves before flapping her wings to gain more height, she glances back to find Nash far above her rather than racing close behind as she had imagined he would. It’s disconcerting, though she can’t quite put her hoof on why. She’s quick to shake it off however, instead giving herself over to the beauty of flight as she rushes over the waves dancing beneath her.

She reaches the small, rocky outcrop quickly enough, but rather than landing immediately, she loops around the island. Coming around the back, she drives herself hard up the tall, craggy rock with large, confident strokes of her wings. Breaking over the edge, she flares her wings wide to slow her momentum before dropping onto the uneven surface.

As she turns to find Nash, she cannot help but be rather proud of her flight. Perhaps she is not the most practiced, but she is strong and capable. She had never put too much stock in beauty anyway. Practicality had always suited her far better.

Still, her heart beats with the thrill of the moment, and for the first time, she understands that perhaps she has been missing something important in her life.

- noel

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:44 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-20-2020, 12:36 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-21-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-24-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-31-2020, 01:58 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 09-09-2020, 03:11 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 09-10-2020, 05:06 PM