• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    anywhere in the world tonight; noah
    l e p i s
    gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
    Noah and the Pampas are inseperable for Lepis; she can still recall the strangeness of seeing the red mare in the Taigan woods. It is more than the greenery (Taiga had plenty of that), there is something more about this place, something that lends to Lepis’ oldest friend a sense of permanency.

In these times when many things seem unstable, Lepis is grateful for this.

She returns the soft touch, stepping back to surveil Noah much as the other does – to assure herself that she is well. She seems so.

“It’s good to see you too.” The knowledge that this visit is not separated from their last by years (as is their habit) is comforting, though the awareness that she is not here purely on a social visit does loom overhead. Better to get that out of the way early, she thinks, and perhaps when business is concluded they will have time to speak of less heavy things.

“I suppose our positions make it unlikely that our meetings can be totally untouched by politics, but I always hold out hope that the next visit will be just as friends.” There are few creatures who Lepis trusts to know her intent regardless of what she says, and for that she does not guard herself around Noah, does not feel the pressure to pick the perfect words and phrasing. “This time though, I am here to tell you that I will be stepping down as Queen of the South, and instead the title will be held by Oceane.” Her blue-grey eyes are focused, curious if perhaps the red mare knows the purple pegasus of which she speaks, though she continues regardless.

This next news is somewhat heavier, as it affects both Noah and the Pampas, and it follows quickly.

“Oceane wishes the seat of the kingdom to move here, to the Pampas. I believe it’s a good decision.” Does Noah, is the unspoken question asked by Lepis’ blazed face. Though the south has been ruled from the Pampas before, this is a more permanent thing than their flight from the Plague.

@[Noah]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    anywhere in the world tonight; noah - by Lepis - 07-18-2020, 06:50 AM
    RE: anywhere in the world tonight; noah - by Noah - 07-27-2020, 10:29 PM
    RE: anywhere in the world tonight; noah - by Lepis - 07-29-2020, 07:18 AM