• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it, any
    build love, build God, build provinces - build calluses, break promises
    'cause i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it

“Bee, I’m cold.”

She doesn’t understand how he could possibly be cold - she can feel the heat rolling off of his little golden body in waves, and if she moves any closer to him, the touch of his flesh will send a rippling burn down her skin. “Um… I could find you some cloves, maybe, or cinnamon?” she responds, glancing back at him with concern in her bright eyes. “Para, you know I don’t really know what I’m doing yet, and I haven’t learned the herbs in this region,” she adds lamely, worried for her twin. She’s only recently learned that she can use the local herbs to aid them, since their mother left to who-knows-where and left them all alone.

It has been mostly a gamble so far, finding out which ones help and which ones hurt. She had once used her telekinesis to pilfer some aloe leaves from across the Pangean border, and the sticky gel inside the leaves had provided relief from the burns on her skin where Para had brushed up against her before they realized he was perpetually hot to the touch. Pretty white chamomile flowers, too, once chewed into a paste, made do before she discovered the prickly aloe plants.

“I’ve heard there’s a volcano here,” Paradox adds as they stand on the border to Tephra, and Bee smiles as she feels the rolling heat of the land. “There’s no way you’ll ever be cold here,” she tells him with a grin, nudging his wing feathers with her nose. His feathers are the only part of his body that don’t burn, and she feels safe as he drapes a wing comfortingly across her back. They are a long way from where they were born, but they were both drawn to this place; this kingdom will be home.

bewitched
    tell him he's got bad news coming.

Messages In This Thread
    i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it, any - by bewitched - 07-18-2020, 09:07 PM