• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves
    There is a moment of silence and confusion with the blue-spotted mareling, and he almost raises a brow and tilts his head. Her charming smile doesn’t fully allure him the way a certain mermaid like her once had, simply because of the age difference - though he does notice the flat, herbivore teeth of a normal horse and is momentarily placated with her answer that she is no kelpie - at least not fully, he adds in his mind. He does, however, tilt his head at her assumption that thus, she is a nereid. ”Some of my daughters don’t share my tastes, but that doesn’t make them butterflies instead.” he opts to bestow on her what little he knows of inheritance - if she is a nereid, her mother must have been... unless... ”Are you not Ivar’s child?” Oh, he never should have asked, and he shakes his head before she can answer (though, she still might, if she’s fast or stubborn enough). ”Let’s call you mermaid then. I made that mistake with a kelpie once, but it might fit you better, with the... not-teeth thing going.” he grins a bit, his tail slashing momentarily from his restless movements.

”I’m an ice dragon, sometimes.” Not always though, he means to say. Just when he feels like it - exactly when he feels like it, in fact, because for him that is how the shifting seems to work. He rolls his shoulders and lets the movement glint in the cold sunlight, nodding from her towards the rest of the Isle. ”Name’s Leilan. Ruler here and all that, I suppose.” at that, his eyes twinkle a bit, knowing how unimpressive it might seem to her, to rule a burnt rock with a bunch of ice crystals on it. ”What draws you this far north? It’s not exactly warm water here.”
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Lumina]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: won't let it go down until we torch it ourselves - by Leilan - 08-09-2020, 07:11 AM